Monday, February 4, 2013

Book Review for The Queen's Howl by M. T. Harrte

We had the pleasure to receive an ARC of The Queen's Howl to read for a review. Boy... am I glad we got our hands on this!!

 
Synopsis:
Alexis Wolfe is a young werewolf living in the prime of her life, until her father's grisly suicide shoves her into the position of Alpha of the pack. In taking his place, she is also the newest member of the Dark Court's Council and the rightful Queen to the throne...that is if she can tear it from the cold dead hands of the defiant vampire plotting to stop her. It's the Year of the Wolf and Alexis will take back what's hers, even if that means taking down those closest to her.
 
My Review:
Oh my goodness!!! It has been a while since I have read a book that had me on the edge of my seat the entire time!! I was so engrossed in the main heroine, Alexis, that I wanted to jump inside the book and beat the crap out of her wrong doers! I love how M. T. Harrte made the main heroine a bad a_ _, but one that still had a heart and could love those around her.
 
Alexis is forced to sit on the Dark Court's Council, which is made up of my favorite paranormal legends... Vampires, werewolves, trolls, ghosts, and many more, after her father's untimely death. Every thousand years, one of the different sects is up to rule. It is the werewolves' turn and Alexis is in line to be the new Queen. Of course the outgoing Queen has a different outlook on who should rule. Where would a heroine be without the men around her vowing for attention right??? Let's start off with the ones that had to grow on me, Palo and Thadius. I wasn't sure how these two men were going to fit into Alexis's life and if I even liked them or not. After seeing the love and devotion they offered Alexis, they won me over. I found myself rooting for Alexis to find love with Palo and then totally jumping ship and hoping she would fall in love with Thadius. Then we have Ethan and Isaak... Ethan is the ghost representative on the council and serves as a friend. I love how he snaps Alexis out of her funks in a snarky way, much like how we as women deal with our friends when they are pouting and being utterly ridiculous. Now Isaak... Oh Isaak... There is an underlying mystery there that I hope book 2 will go into more details about. He and Alexis meet outside the council and they have an automatic spark. That spark is played down, but I really feel that one is there. 

Alexis is faced with many decisions, issues, and conspiracies that keep her, her guards, and her readers on their toes! I want you to read the book, so I am not going to go any further or hint at what those conspiracies, decisions, and issues are. ;)  I give this book 4 solid stars!! I am anxiously awaiting book 2 to see what the heck Alexis does to those who were causing said conspiracies! I have never wanted to be a werewolf so bad in my life!! Great job M. T. Harrte and please keep us howling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment