Monday, December 21, 2015

Sale Blitz: Drawn to you by Brooke Page




Title: Drawn to You Box Set
Series: Conklin's Trilogy #1-3
Author: Brooke Page
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Release Date: January 22, 2015



Blurb

What do you do when your predictable life goes spiraling out of control? When your supposed childhood friend commits the most brutal betrayal, completely gutting you, destroying the life you thought you were meant to have? You make dangerous, careless decisions with your best friend, completely molding yourself into someone you’re not. I thought clubs, alcohol, and promiscuity would numb my pain, sculpt me into the person I should be; strong, confident, alive…

I was wrong.

So now I’m forced to go back home, where the only opportunity to throw my life back on track is located. I never wanted my parent’s wealth or notability, but I’m afraid if I don’t take the flight from Florida to Grand Rapids, I’m going to drown.

But instead of drowning in my own insecurities, I’m being consumed by my boss, Tyler Conklin. His secrets are devouring me, along with his mystery and charming grin. He wants me, his advancements are clear; but so are his exertions to keep me his biggest secret of all.

I’m not sure if I can tolerate being his covert lover, especially when he has so many secrets of his own.

The Trilogy Includes: Conklin’s Blueprints, Conklin’s Foundation, Conklin’s Corruption, and the First FOUR never revealed chapters of FOREVER WITH YOU, the honeymoon novella to Conklin’s Trilogy.






Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK
iBOOKS / B&N / KOBO





Excerpt

I stroked the most delicate skin I had ever felt with my fingers as I lay on my side, staring at the woman I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

The fire was creating a soft glow on her tanned skin, her long eyelashes resting on her cheeks. A content and satisfied smile was on her face as she rested her head on her hands. Her dark brown hair had faded some from the Miami sun, and her natural hair color was starting to show through. It was pushed to the side and tucked behind her ear. I loved watching my Becca sleep after we made love.

What a sap I’ve turned into. Never did I think I would be content to actually spend time on a woman, cherish her body the way I cherished Becca’s. I had grown up an asshole with an icy heart, and my Becs swooped in and slowly melted it to the core, letting it beat strong and only for her.

Sure Margo was in the back of my mind, but once Becca and I connected, I knew I would never touch her ever again. My hands belonged on only one woman, and I planned on touching her greedily for as long as we both shall live. Maybe I could incorporate that into our vows.

I smirked at the thought. Vows… I really am a sap for thinking about vows.

By some miracle, my fucked-up family didn’t scare Becca away. RJ was a piece of work, and I wanted to rip his head off so badly every time I caught him glancing at Becca’s beautiful body. He would get that smutty look in his eyes, and I immediately wanted to deck the bastard. But for some reason, he backed off recently. My mother even called me before the Valentine’s Day fundraiser completely baffled because RJ had been coming home to her more often, and he rarely did that. He even wanted to spend time with her.

I honestly couldn’t give two shits what went on between my parents. While I was growing up they despised each other, and I never looked up to them for anything. I only looked up to my grandparents.

I wish they could have met Becs. They would have loved her.

I stroked Becca’s back again then kissed her forehead. I had to get up and use the restroom. I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I pulled up the sheet, dropping some of the rose pedals in the process of covering her. The fire was warm, but the temperature was dropping. We were lucky enough to have the semi-nice weather for the evening, but as the sun went down, so would the temperature.

I grumbled when I went into the master bedroom. They hadn’t put in the toilet yet, fucking Mitch. Bastard never did anything right. I had to hound him every damn day to get this house done in the short amount of time. Breaking ground in the winter was a real bitch, but I wanted our house ready as soon as possible.

I knew I wanted Becca to be my wife after Christmas when she bravely showed herself to me. I had fallen in love with her mind and personality first. I always thought she was beautiful, but really getting to look at her, I knew I had to have her body as well. She had to be mine, forever and legally.

I finally found a working toilet in the bathroom off of the kitchen. Thankful they had turned the water on, I washed my hands. The water was freezing cold, and I couldn’t wait to get back by the fire and to my nice, warm Becs. Maybe she would be ready for round two. I never thought I’d be able to rally like I could with Becca. God she turned me on. I swiftly walked through the cooling house, glad I slipped on my boxer briefs. The last thing I needed to worry about was shrinkage, and the cold of the water on my hands wasn’t helping. I walked into the cutout where the Christmas tree would be placed to the curved glass door. I stopped in my tracks as I noticed something out of the corner of my eye when I looked at the fireplace.

I hadn’t seen the fireplace until tonight. Mitch was working on it this week, and those bricks looked awfully familiar. I slowly walked over, attempting to examine the bricks in the dim light from the candles outside. I was happy I put them in tall vases so the breeze from the water wouldn’t blow the flames out. Frustrated I couldn’t see, I ran outside to grab my phone, a small smile on my lips noticing that Becca hadn’t moved.

I loved fucking her into a coma.

I quickly went back inside, using the flashlight app on my phone to examine the bricks.

That fucker.

He used RJ bricks.

Now if it was just one, it would be different. I would understand. They really were useful. I could hide some cash and important papers like wills or birth certificates.

A marriage license.

God, I had turned into a real pussy.

I could recognize an RJ brick from a mile away, and this fireplace was filled with them. I knew where the little nub was that opened them. I touched it, fiddling, trying to get the damn thing to open. Once I did, fury swept over me with what I found.

Remembering that there were more bricks outside, I marched to the porch, searching frantically. They were everywhere. How did I not notice them outside?

I went to the fireplace by where my baby doll was sleeping, skimming my hands over the bricks.

Damn it.

Just as I was about to open one, the precious voice that had a spell on me said my name.

“Tyler? What are you doing? Come back here and keep me warm.” Her voice was low and raspy. When I turned around, she was sitting up, holding the blanket to her chest. She bit her lip in that provocative way, her head tilted to the side, hair mussed and sexy.

“Nothing, I was just checking the fire,” I lied, putting on my most believable smile.

I hated lying to her. But there were just some things she was better off not knowing. If she knew something, she would be involved and then she could get hurt. I wasn’t about to let anything happen to her. Ever.

Becca slowly pulled the sheet down, revealing herself. God I loved that she wasn’t afraid to be naked in front of me anymore. I would never tire from staring at her. Like the lap puppy I was, I crawled onto the wide lounger, devilish smirk in place and attacked her, ignoring that my dumbass brother just hid drugs all over Becca’s and my dream home.



Author Bio


Brooke Page is a contemporary romance author who loves writing romantic suspense novels that will lead her readers through twists and turns with each page. She wants her readers to feel like they are a part of the thrill, making their hearts race from not only passion but also the intensity of the story. Brooke has a craft for weaving steam and mystery, giving her readers a story they won't want to put down.



Author Links


No comments:

Post a Comment