Saturday, February 16, 2013

Book Review- Demon At My Door by Michelle Valentine

Amazeballs!!!! That is what my exact thoughts are at this moment. I took a break away from my bad boy rockers and went back to my first love.... Paranormal romance! Reading Demon At My Door by Michelle Valentine was like an old married couple renewing their marriage vows. It reminded me why I fell in love with the paranormal genre to begin with. It has action, suspense, love, oh and ..... Demons!!

At first I was thinking... "Ok, has it been too long since I read a paranormal romance and am having a hard time getting back into the genre???" That entire thought process was smashed as soon as Rick came into Natalie's life!

Natalie is an outcast and has been since she was a young child because of her relationship with a demon boy. The entire town believed she was legally crazy and her demon talk was proof she needed meds, therapy, and whatever other reasons they could find to support their crazy girl label. Natalie believes her soul has been claimed by a demon boy because she made a deal with him when she was 5 years old to save her mom from an untimely death. Is Natalie cray cray or has she indeed promised her soul to a demon????

The characters in Demon At My Door grab a hold of you and suck you into their world. Natalie is a closet social butterfly who has had to learn the hard way how it feels to be an outcast by her family, friends, and pretty much entire town. She fell for the town's golden boy, Stew, and is forced to either have a secret relationship in a barn and behind closed doors and stand up for herself and possibly never find love. I found myself wanting to jump into the book and punch Stew in his cowardly throat! I felt badly for him for having an over-bearing father, but he was an ass and if Natalie didn't punish him or give him a good tongue lashing, I wanted to!! Natalie's parent had a rocky marriage full of secrets and and her mom felt Natalie's mental instability reflected negatively on her parenting abilities.  My heart broke for Natalie and I was rooting or her to find a happy ending.

Enter Rick.... *sigh*..... Was Rick a newcomer to town, or was there a history there that we didn't know about yet???? Those are questions I found myself wondering the first 75% of this book!! I wanted Natalie to forget Stew even existed and throw herself into Rick's world. I was rooting for Natalie and Rick from the second his little black sports car cut her off  in the campus parking lot. Let's just say that Rick is M-E-O-W and you need to read this book STAT!!

Demon At My Door is a solid 5 stars.... A MUST read if you like paranormal romance.... And a book that I can only hope Michelle Valentine makes into a series! I need book 2 like yesterday!! Great job Michelle, once again you knock my socks off with your talent!!
Blurb: Gothic outcast Natalie Sugarman bartered her soul for her dying mother’s life sixteen years ago to a boy demon that could stop time. Now, days before her twenty-first birthday, the lifelines on her palms are slowly vanishing, and she knows it’s just a matter of time before Satan’s little helper collects.

Natalie's tried numerous times to kill the demon and regain control of her soul’s destiny, but she always falls short. When she decides to try and gain the element of surprise for her next attempt, Natalie seeks answers about his location from a freaky, glowing-eyed fortuneteller. Creeped out by the psychic’s methods, she bolts from the reading and misses the warning that the demon who stole her soul is always closer than she thinks.

After some strange incidents with her new boyfriend, including a hot, levitating sex session, she realizes he’s the grown-up version of her little nightmare and he’s returned to collect on their deal. Natalie must figure out how to win her soul back from the demon before her lifeline completely disappears and she becomes his forever—even if that means making a deal to damn three other souls to take her place.

*Demon At My Door is a New Adult Paranormal Romance with very mature scenes from New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author Michelle A. Valentine*


No comments:

Post a Comment