Friday, February 8, 2013

Book Review- Torn by K. A. Robinson- 5 Stars!!!!

Wow.... I am writing this review in a total raw emotional state!! This book had me laughing, crying, royally pissed, and heartbroken all at the same time!! I found myself wanting to jump into the book to either give a hug, high five, or a punch in the throat!! Whew... It has been a while since I read a book that could perform that kind of emotional surgery on my heart and soul!

K. A. Robinson did an amazing job at setting the tone that could allow the characters to go either way with whom they would choose as a friend or a lover! I was so invested into the lives' of Chloe, Drake, and Logan that I sat on pins and needles, stayed up to crazy hours into the night, and read through tears to finish this book! The back story on why Chloe and Drake both feel so broken and unloved touched a part of me that made me want to protect them and wrap them up in a fuzzy blanket with hot cocoa! Speaking of that phrase "broken and unloved".... I LOVED the whole tattoo scene and the story behind that phrase! Chloe has this tough exterior and front she puts on for everyone around her, but underneath that hard shell lies a little girl that grew up unloved by her mother and felt like she had been totally broken by the hurt her mother inflicted on her. 

Drake and Logan.... Oh Drake and Logan... I envisioned them as the good angel and bad devil boys. Throughout the book I felt myself cheering and rooting more for Drake, but then I would read about Logan and how tender he was with Chloe and how deeply his love was rooted and would yell at my Kindle... "Kick the bad boy to the curb Chloe! Geez... Can't you see what is front of your freakin face!" Before that entire sentence could get out of my mouth however, Drake would come along and smile his bad boy rock star grin and I would melt in a little puddle and say... "Forget that softy Logan.... Go for Steamy McStudly!"

This is a must read and I will impatiently be awaiting book 2 in this series!! Torn is definitely a 5 star!!! Please let Adam and Amber get their own steamy story!! Great job K. A. Robinson..... Keep them coming momma!




Synopsis:
Chloe hasn't had the best life. With a mother who is gone more often than not, she has had to raise herself. After graduating high school, she leaves to start a new life away at West Virginia University with her best friends Amber and Logan, determined to leave her demons in the past.

On her first day, she meets a stranger who takes her breath away at first sight. Until she met Drake, no one had ever sparked her interest. Now this tattooed and pierced bad boy is all she can think about, no matter how hard she fights it.

Falling for Drake was never part of her plans, but when it happens, things seem to do anything but fall into place.

Dealing with a tragic past, Drake has never cared about anyone else but himself and his band. But when Chloe takes the empty seat next to him in class, things start to change. Instantly drawn to her, he begins to wonder if one girl can take a cold hearted womanizer and change every part of him?

Long hidden feelings are revealed and friendships tested to the brink.

** 18+ for adult situations and language.

No comments:

Post a Comment