Friday, March 1, 2013

Book Review: Three of Hearts by W. Ferraro

Oh!! Em!!! Gee!!! I just finished reading Three of Hearts by W. Ferraro and am still emotionally raw from all of the emotions this book tore from my soul!!! This is a 5 star... MUST read book!!!

Blurb:
Mae Turney is searching for the type of life and happiness she has never known but has only dreamed about. She's fortunate enough to find a great opportunity to live in an exterior apartment of a beautiful lake house in a small town in Vermont. When she realizes the apartment and scenery are not the only gorgeous appeal but the home owner, Seth Finn, is as well, she puts it all on the line for the chance at love. When she becomes comfortable and confident in her own skin and sexuality, Mae realizes that this place and this man is exactly what she came looking for. Knowing Seth and his three children are as special as they come, Mae bets the house, and prays she and her gamble are enough.

My Review:

Three of Hearts is a first in a series of books by W. Ferraro. This is a story of how a man lost his one true love to an excruciating battle of cancer and left him to raise their three children. Seth Finn is a successful construction company owner that has closed his heart off from life.... Especially to women! He buried his heart when he buried his wife. When his sister decides to move out of the apartment he built by his home and decides Mae Turney should be the new tenant, Seth begins to feel the ice around his heart melt and that scares him more than anything. 

Mae is a cancer center nurse and is just wanting to work in a small town without the hustle and bustle of the city. She yearns for a laid back lifestyle where she can plant roots and possibly find where she belongs. When Mae goes to view an apartment, she has no idea what is about to cross her path.... A sexy, orally talented, ***wiggle eyebrows here** father of 3 that she feels an instant Zing with from the moment their eyes lock onto each other. 

The attraction between Mae and Seth hooked me in from the very beginning! I found myself talking to my iPad (as if it could hear me) and begging for Seth to finally listen to his heart, I also found myself blushing awkwardly at the sex scenes and Seth's amazing oral talents!! I loved the relationships in Three of Hearts. I loved the friendships the adult characters had with each other, and the Finn children absolutely stole my heart. One ending scene... I am not going to say which one because it will give away too big of a spoiler.... Had me bawling like a baby. The touching, heartbreaking, and soul shattering story behind this book had me on an emotional roller coaster... A ride I would gladly ride over and over!!!

This book deserves the 5 star rating I am giving it, plus more! W. Ferraro does an amazing job at building rapport between her readers and her characters. Each one has a story behind them that just makes you want to keep reading to see what will happen next! When I say I devoured both books in this series... I literally mean it. Each book took me one day!! I couldn't put it down because I HAD to know will Seth and Mae continue on their stubborn, I don't need anyone path... Or would they give in to their hearts and finally find their ONE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment